Slave positions; Kneeling, Standing, Heel & Others:
( At the bottom of this page are many of the positions I use with some images showing how to use them)
Slave positions for a slave girl: The BDSM lifestyle has no set rules for slave positions. This is even truer if you are not a part of some organized community, structured play group or you are not from the planet GOR, which I am not.
However, there are two general guidelines of commonly used commands and slave positions that can be used in making your own positions for a slave. One is traditional slave positions and the other is Gorean slave positions. A Master determines the slave positions for a slave that suit his personal needs.
A Master needs to find slave positions that suits his needs and train her to use them. Slave position have a purpose that is more then just displaying his slave for play.
Generally a Master establishes several slave positions and they are useful for effectively managing his slave and/or the positions are pleasing to him. The slave positions are used to enable the slave to better serve, obey and please her Master and therefore are a huge asset in training. Few things define the slave more than slave positions. Slave positions are very useful when managing more than one slave.
In addition after her training period is over slave positions are very useful in slave management.
Why use slave positions in bdsm slave training?
Slave positions are often used to:
1) Allow her to show her submission and devotion.
2) Force her to concentrate on her obeying.
3) Give her a feeling a helplessness and remind her of her status as a slave.
4) Assist in her training by establishing a controlled behavior.
5) Punish her or assume a position for punishment (whipping).
6) Examine the slave’s body, often as in inspection.
7) Easily have sexual access to her body.
8) Shape her behavior.
9) Simply display her for viewing for his pleasure.
10) Help a slave learn patience.
11) “Park” a slave when not in use while she awaits additional orders.
12) Make her available for public display or to show off to others.
13) Just makes the overall slave management and control easier and flow smoother. This is the practical day to day purpose of slave positions used during and after the training period. They provide a structure for her and a means for her to please.
Slave positions used in slave management:
The usefulness of slave positions as a tool for managing of your slaves actions is often overlooked. They have a very practical purpose as a tool for a master. With one word or hand gesture a Master places a slave in a position that is useful and or pleasing to him and reduces the amount of instructions that are needed to direct her actions. A slave should be trained in a way that she can be quickly and easily managed. Slave positions provide this control.
In addition, the use of positions will assist a Master in making behavioral modification. Positions create in her a feeling of helplessness to control the position and movement of her body. Her behavior is controlled by her Master and this reinforces training. She can only change positions when her Master gives her an additional command to do so. It also conditions her to move and act at her Master’s command.
Inspection positions are used to inspect or examine your slave’s body. This includes not only her skin, but her mouth, ears, cunt and anal area. Inspection positions are also used to insure proper hygiene, examine bruises from scene play, insure she is following shaving instructions, and reinforce in her mind that no part of her being is private from her Master.
Instruction positions are positions that are used for training a slave. It is comparable to setting at a school desk and is used in teaching and communicating items of importance during training. In other words, when you place a slave in an instruction position, she knows to focus on your commands and/or instructions intently. I use the verbal command “TEACH” and when a slave hears this command she knows to assume the position and direct her entire attention to what I am saying because my intent is to instruct her.
“Parking” a slave. Often a slave is given prior instructions as to a position and/or place she will locate herself when not being used to carry out an order. She is simply awaiting the next command. It can get old if you have to verbally park your slave after each order. So many Master’s train a slave to automatically park herself after completing a task and wait for the next order. This is simply effective slave management. She is out of the way but her Master knows where she is when needed.
It is useful for a slave to understand that she may not always in use by her Master and may be “parked.” This can also serve to train the slave to be patient while awaiting her Master’s next command. She is fully controlled but not interfering with her Master’s present activities. She remains parked until receiving the next order. NOTE: Often slaves are relieved to do household duties instead of being parked. “Parking” can be a useful training tool, but also a waste of service time. It has to be up to the Master to decide.
There are also several slave positions that are painful to hold for a long period of time and some Masters use them for punishment or to train a slave to focus on following orders.
The slave’s body is for her Master’s pleasure and use. Sexual positions are taught to the slave so she can better serve him sexually and in a way he wishes. This position allows a slave to quickly assume a position in which her Master wishes to mount and sexually enjoy her.
Slave Positions are also used as part of scene play. For example, a command may be given to the slave placing her in an animal position, such as ‘dog, cat, cow, or worm’, the slave then acts like that animal and is not allowed to walk on two legs or speak. In the case of the ‘worm’ command the slave is to crawl on her belly.
Positions can be used simply for art or beauty. If you enjoy viewing a slave in a particular position, she is pleasing you by just assuming that position for your viewing pleasure. she is living art for your enjoyment.
Some slave positions are used to display a slave in public and to show how well she is trained. These are used, more often, if the Master is a member of a structured bdsm play group or follows the Gorean lifestyle.
When a slave is ordered to assume a position, she should do it quickly and gracefully and without questioning the reason. She should also quickly respond verbally, usually with a “Yes, Sir” as soon as ordered to the position.
The use of slave positions, slave modes, and PRESENTING allow a Master to have complete control of his slave (100 percent of the time). All three are used in conjunction to control a slave and make long-term management of her easier.
Often these positions are referred to as the “Old Guard” positions. This is true but many pre-date the old guard’s use of them and was also used outside of what is defined as old guard at the same time. So, to me, it seems more logical to refer to them as traditional slave positions. In addition, commands and positions varied depending on where you live. As seen below, the use of the word ‘Present’ or ‘Presenting’ varies greatly. PRESENTING refers to a whole set of instructions covered under the PRESENTING section. The traditional positions shown below are more flexible than the Gorean ones but less standardized.
Traditional slave positions:
Below is a list of traditional slave positions and commands that have been used for a long time:
1) Attend: This is when a slave is directed to ‘attend’ to the needs or serve another dominant (non-sexual).
2) Attention: This is a military position. The slave stands, feet and ankles together and her arms are at her sides, fingers curled slightly under and held at the thighs. Her back is straight and her eyes are focused on the horizon.
3) Assume Spot: This is generally a position to the left and slightly behind a dominant wherein the slave is in a comfortable position (not kneeling) which can be maintained for long periods of time. This is used to “park” a slave when not in use.
4) Auction: This is a position used to display a slave at a slave auction or to show your slave to others. The slave starts by facing the crowd with legs spread, arms at a 45 degree angle from the body with palms facing crowd (45 degrees from floor not 45 degrees from ceiling). On command the slave turns away from the crowd and assumes the same position in order to show her back side.
5) Bring-Get-Fetch: All variations of the same command which is used to set the slave into motion to retrieve an object or objects for her Master.
6) Come – Present: Generally a face down position, arms at the side, legs together. This is the definition of Present as a position.
7) Present: (variation) will have a submissive face down with arms stretched forward over her head, wrists crossed, and ankles crossed to represent cuffing.
8) Follow: To trail the dominant an exact pace 3-4 steps to the back and left of dominant.
9) Crawl: Generally a full forward belly crawls.
10) Down on Back: Assume position on back, legs together, and arms at side.
11) Close: Can be used physically, mentally or both; generally it means that the slave is to “close off” the genitals from view, from desire or both.
12) Crawl: (variation) knee and palm crawl.
13) Display: Any arrangement of body posture determined in advance by the dominant to be “the display position”; slave is to move out of that position until verbally released.
14) Dismissal: This is used for dismissal from presence for discipline or punishment and should include the slave backing away from the dominant, chin up, eyes lowered in whatever ‘mode of travel’ the slave is already in when the command is issued. Example, if the slave is standing the slave will back up standing. Slave is to remain “facing” their dominant until they have gone beyond the “threshold”; in common terms this is generally 10 feet (seldom implemented today). If the slave is in a crawling position when dismissal is ordered, they would crawl backward (again facing dominant) from presence.
15) Display: This position is often called Inspection. The Display command has several different means depending on your location. 1) English Classic Display, kneeling with thighs widely apart. The slave should interlock her fingers behind her head, chin should be up, eyes should be down, butt on heels, back is straight, chest and genitals presented in ‘display’ or for the viewing pleasure or inspection. 2) Modern, Standing in semi-military stance. Feet should be same width apart as the shoulders, fingers laced behind neck, chin up, eyes down, posture straight, full body and genital exposure. 3) In addition, in some areas “Display” was a command for the slave to show her Master her mouth, breast, anal area and cunt in four positions.
16) Examination: It is usually more than one position. The slave displays a part of her body then on command moves to the next position to display a different part of her body.
17) Informal or At Ease position: Very similar to military at-ease position. The slave standing with her feet at the same width apart as the shoulders, head up, eyes down, posture perfect but not stiff. The slave when standing next to other slaves should maintain one arm lengths distance on all sides if more than one slave is under inspection.
18) Inspection: Often used for 1) or 2) listed under Display.
19) Stool – table – ottoman: These are all variations of a slave as furniture on hands and knees with head down below table surface – back to be held firmly as furniture (footrest or table).
20) Parade rest: This is another military position. The slave spreads her feet apart to the width of the shoulders. The slave’s arms are behind her back and she cups one hand in the other at the small of her back. If used in a military fashion, the slave must first be at attention and when ordered to Parade rest, moves only her left foot and hands to assume the position. In the BDSM community this position is often used without going first to attention.
21) Present: This is commonly used to order slave into ‘modern’ kneel display position. Kneeling with thighs apart back should be posture perfect, chin up, eyes down, palms down and resting on the front of thighs, butt on heels. A variation is the English style, palms up on thighs (otherwise same as above).
22) Front cuff or back cuff: slave to move hands to front while maintaining any presentation position, or to the back. Cuffing can be ‘invisible.’
23) Present down: This position is generally where the slave moves from a standing or kneeling position into a full face down presentation. Note: Attaining the position should be done in a sensual fashion to provide visual pleasure to anyone viewing the change in position.
24) Guard: This order or command is exactly as it sounds; it orders the slave to guard whatever the dominant directs the slave to guard, such as property or even other people.
25) Fetch: The slave is to retrieve objects using only her mouth as a dog would.
26) Get – Bring: Same command as above.
27) Go to your Place: The slave goes to a predetermined location in the home and stays until her Master has a need for her.
28) Surrender – Prostate: Often melded to present down with ankles crossed and arms above head wrists crossed while lying face down.
29) Heel: The slave follows slightly behind and to the right of her Master. Often used if the Master wishes to engage in conversation while walking with his slave.
30) Humble: May include face down with legs parted to width of shoulders, arms out to sides to form a human cross shape and can be face up or face down.
31) Leave – Stop: Command to cease any and all activities without question.
32) English Obedience: Kneeling (same as English above) except that the slave will place her hands behind her back (often crossed at wrist) and will bend forward until her face is against the floor surface.
33) Modern kneel: Slave will rest her weight on her forearms with her hands meeting and her face moving down to rest against her wrists.
34) Open – present: As noted: Present is used in many ways. Open is or can be used to mean open physically, mentally or both, Open most often refers to genitals.
35) Worship: This command directs a slave into a position of worshipping a specific body part of the dominant.
36) Whip: This may be a standing or kneeling position. If standing the slave should be against a solid surface (hand bracing) exposing the back and buttocks for whipping. If kneeling, the slave should present back and buttocks in the air while adequately protecting the hands, and neck by keeping those areas down or under the body.
37) Present (position): May include ritualized offerings of a collar, or may blend with other commands such as ‘bring’ so that the slave ‘displays’ the object she has retrieved in a present position once returning to the presence of the dominant.
38) Exit or Leave Presence: Older traditions were for a slave never to turn her back on her dominant while moving ‘in presence.’ The turning of her back is considered an action of disrespect.
When looking at the various types of positions you can easily see how they can have a very practical purpose in the management and control of a slave on a regular basis. They are not just for play. They make being a Master easier as well as aid in her behavioral training or reinforce it after she is trained.
Again if you are training more than one slave at once, slave positions make your time management and their control much easier and faster. Each understands the same commands and can better follow your lead.
Gorean slave positions:
Because I am not a Gorean, I will not list the slave positions they use. For a complete list, you can go to a Gorean site. Almost any webpage from the planet Gor gives a description of Gorean slave positions.
Gorean slave positions are based upon a series of more than 30 fictional books written under the pen name of John Norman by John Lange, Ph. D. a Philosophy professor at Columbia University, New York. His first novel was “Tarnsman of Gor”, was published in 1967. In various books, Norman detailed different slave positions used by various groups on the fictional planet Gor. Those that practice the lifestyle of Gor copy these positions described by Norman.
Most of the positions are given names from the fictional Gorean language invented by Norman.
Norman fictionalized Gor as an Earthlike planet which orbits the sun at approximately the same distance as Earth and is held in orbit by alien rulers that control it and the inhabitants.
It is my understanding that these books can be purchased on-line in an electronic format but I have not researched it. They are fun to read.
If you want to learn more about Gorean Positions here is link
My Basic slave Positions and Commands:
The following is a list of the commands I use and the corresponding slave Positions. They are not explained in great detail here, but they do give a general idea as to how they are used.
I use a smaller number of general slave positions and commands than some Masters and more than others. For several years now, I have modified my slave positions from the standard ones that are shown above to better fit my personal needs. Each is done in a style that I like, not what others think that a kneel position or a face down position should be like. I teach a slave how to respond to the commands as I wish to see them done and in a way that, over time, has proven effective for me. These slave Positions, along with the slave modes and presenting requirements, allows me to have effective control and management of my slaves.
Cuffsmaster’s slave positions:
1) STAND OR UP: Stand with legs 4″ apart, head up, eyes down, arms behind back with palms crossed. This is a position a slave will assume when a master enters the same room as her.
A) Voice Command=Stand or Up.
B) Hand Command=open hand moved up.
2) KNEEL: On your knees, back straight, arms behind back with hands together, head up and eyes down (shown above). This is the slave’s standard position.
A) Voice Command=Kneel.
B) Hand Command=open hand moved down with fingers together.
3) KNEEL SPREAD:
On your knees, legs spread as wide as possible, feet together, push breasts out, head up, eyes down, hands behind head and fingers locked. Legs are very wide to allow easy access to the cunt.
A) Voice Command=Kneel spread.
B) No Hand Command.
4) SIT: Indian style on the floor, knees bent, legs spread and crossed at the ankles, palms up on knees, back straight, head up and eyes slightly down.
A) Variation: If Your Master points to a chair or object and says “sit”, back straight, knees about 2 1/2″ apart, hands on legs, palms down, head up and eyes slightly down. NOT SLUMPED!!
B) Voice Command=Sit.
C) No hand Command unless Master points to an object to sit on.
On knees, feet together, knees 12-14″ apart, sitting on heels, hands laid on legs with palms up, back straight, head up, eyes down, sitting back on heels, used in teaching and communicating items of importance during training.
A) Voice Command=Teach.
B) Hand Command =Two fingers apart moving down.
Here is another example of teach:
6) FACE DOWN: Knees tucked under chest, head bowed, arms straight in front by head, palms down.
This is a worship position and a display of obedience. You may do this on your own if there is a desire. This position is reserved for your Master unless He orders you to show this courtesy to another Master/Mistress.
A) Voice Command=Face Down or Down.
B) Hand Command=Open Hand moved down with fingers apart.
7) LAY DOWN: Lay on stomach, face down, arms above head, legs spread.
A) Voice Command=Lay Down.
B) Hand Command=Open Hand moved from side to side.
8) Variation – Lay down Back: On back, arms above head, legs spread, face up, eyes down.
A) Voice Command=Lay Back.
B) No Hand Command.
9) INSPECTION: Stand legs wide apart, breasts pushed out, hands locked behind head, head up, and eyes down. She can expect to have eyes on her body in this position. The position is much like “kneel spread” only standing.
A) Voice Command = Inspection.
B) No Hand Command.
10) DISPLAY: Items are displayed in the following order. Breast, Pussy, Ass, and Mouth.
Offers each item in the appropriate order for viewing by her Master she then waits for a nod or acknowledgement from her Master before continuing to the next item.
11) EXAMINATION: (four slave positions) This is a command to do a detailed examination of the slave’s body. It is the most details inspection command and position that is composed of (4) positions to be done in the following order and on command: When she is issued the command “Examination” she lays on her back as detailed below. After her Master inspects her in that position he will issue the commands “Front, Cunt, and Anal” and examine the slave in each position.
Voice commands for the different positions:
1) Back: On back, legs spread wide, arms above head, palms up.
2) Front: On stomach, legs spread wide, arms above head, palms down.
3) Cunt: on back, knees bent, spread legs; opens her cunt with her hands for exam.
4) Anal: On knees, head down; spread ass checks for exam.
The Purpose of Display and Examination Positions are to:
1) Demonstrate the training.
2) Remind the slave of her status.
3) Reminds the slave that her body is for her Master’s entertainment.
4) Allows her Master to keep an eye on her body for any flaws see how well she is maintaining her body.
5) Open her for inspection by her Master or others.
12) PUNISHMENT: (2) positions.
1) Punishment Position (Knees): On knees, head down, and hands by face.
2) Punishment Position (Standing): Bend over and grab legs with hands behind calves. Legs are spread in image below, but legs can be together as well.
13) GO TO YOUR CORNER: This is for punishment or discipline or merely to think and focus. Go to a designated corner and nose pressed to wall in kneel position. If for long period of time the slave can shift to the sit position but must keep her nose to the wall.
14) GO TO YOUR PLACE: This is for focusing, studying, or to feel ownership. It is also a place sent when not in use by her Master. This is a place of comfort and relaxation. There is no one positions for this command and accepts that she sits on the floor and remains quite until needed by her Master.
1) Face towards Master.
2) Face away from Master.
A) Voice Command=Go to your place.
B) Hand Command=Point to the place
15) FOLLOW: At the right of her Master 3-4 spaces back accept when opening doors or moving items out of the way. Of course the Voice Command is follow.
16) HEEL: Leash command, but may be used when not leashed, at the right of her Master one pace back as if she is leashed.
A) Voice Command=Heel.
B) Hand Command=Master slaps the side of his leg with palm of his hand.
The table position is used to prove a service for your Master. It can be used to place tools on while working or you can use her back to eat meals off. It is for personal service. At time it can be very helpful to the master. Many use this position as a foot stool but I don’t. I use the one below which I find more comfortable.
Voice command = table
hand signal : none
17) FOOT STOOL or STOOL
On knees and elbow face down with head resting on arms. You are facing away from your master and he lays he legs across your back. You legs are spread so he can play with your cunt if it pleases me. your cunt is facing your master and you head is away from him. it is a far more comfortable stool position for the Master than the table position.
Voice command = stool
Hand signal: none
Laying on her back with head turned to the right side. Her hands are together in the small of her back and legs crossed at the ankle (right over left). This makes it easy to bind her.
Voice Command = Lay then Binding
Hand signal = none.
19) Over Chair Or Cover couch
This is a position that is used both for pleasure and punishment, depended on a Master’s intent. When given them command the slave bends over the arm of a char and puts her face into the seat of the chair. she bends at the waist. This can be use to play with her cunt and or ass or to whip her.
Command: It is a combined voice and hand signal command. It involves pointing at the chair are couch arm you are order her to bend over and saying “bend over it” she will know from what has been happening if it is for pleasure or punishment.
20) Other Positions I use
These three links can give you an idea how slave positions, slave Modes and a slave screech are joined together into her behavior as a slave girl.
With all postutions the slaves medical abilities must be considere