Home » Blog » Power of Attorney and Living Wills for slaves:

Power of Attorney and living will for a slave:

Power of attorney’s and living wills; these are not subjects that many want to think about in a Master/slave relationship. But being a good Master means you consider and manage such matters. The slave girl is your responsibility, and this is part of proper slave management & care.

Both the power of attorneys (POA) and a Will are more relevant for a 24/7 slave than someone you occasionally see. In fact, I would not recommend them if you don’t live with her.

slave's will

slave’s will and POA

Remember that legal rights are not laid out in a Master/slave contract. A slave contract is NOT legally binding only morally binding between the parties. You must have proper legal documents to exercise legal rights over her affairs. Don’t believe a slave contract will acts as a will or power of attorney, it will not. I would not recommend that you try to include a power of attorney or will in your slave contract. A power of attorney should be a separate document unclouded with the conditions set forth in a typical slave contract.

Keep a POA simple and easy for a court to enforce if needed. Why complicate it for you or the Court? When you need it enforced you probably don’t have time to discuss unrelated issues in the slave contract. Don’t take a chance on voiding the power of attorney, Living Will or Will by including them in an otherwise unenforceable document. Keep it separate. Don’t take a chance.

Power of Attorney and living will: Granting Master authority:

Durable and medical power of attorneys (POA):

There are two types of power of attorney that should be prepared and signed that grants a master legal authority. They are the 1) durable power of attorney and the 2) power to manage medical issues.

A “durable power of Attorney” aka enduring power of attorney grants broad authority to act upon behave of the slave in legal and financial matters. This includes authority to make decisions for her about both real and personal property. The durable power of attorney continues to be in effect even if the slave later suffers a mental illness or physical injury rendering her incapable of acting on her own behalf. My advice is to make sure you have a durable power of attorney instead of a regular POA because a regular POA becomes void if the one authorizing it (your slave) become mentally or physically unable to act on their own accord.

Note that any POA can be cancelled any time by the parties. You can’t write a POA denying the slave the right to cancel it in the future. The POA would not be enforceable if you added that to it.

Some real and personal property can be signed directly over to a Master instead of using a POA, but a POA is still a good idea because of the broad authority it grants. This becomes necessary if she becomes ill or is not around for some reason.

A Medical power of attorney is also called an advance health care directive or living will. A POA gives her master the authority to make necessary medical decisions on her behalf if she becomes ill. In addition, it allows him to request information about her condition from the medical staff and doctors.

Also, a Master should be listed as someone able to receive medical information from her doctors office. That permission is usually granted by her in the usual paperwork submitted to a doctor’s office. That should be updated in the records for each doctor your slave uses. The Master should be listed as the contracting party on the POA in case of emergency. Again this is all part of proper slave management.

Will for real and personal property

In addition, a slave should have a “Will” establishing the master’s rights over her property in the event of her death. This will clarify the distribution of her assets in the event of her passing.

POA end at that death of one of the parties so a will is needed to manage affairs after a death.

POA and Will for a Master:

A Master should also consider granting someone authority to act on his behalf in case he becomes mentally or physically ill. He should also consider documenting his wishes for the distribution of his property after his death. For this, he also needs a will. A Master may sometime need care. Make these decisions beforehand and have the necessary legal requirements already handled.


I am not an attorney and have no special expertise in wills or powers of attorney so proper legal advice should be sought first. If you wish you can research and find examples of both on-line, but seek a knowledgeable attorney to help you. There is a different in requirements between States or Countries. In my opinion, local legal advice is best. 


Power of Attorney and Living Wills for slaves: — 3 Comments

  1. RocketLawyer.com has a lot of different types of POAs and Living Wills that are easy to fill out and personalize. If you are not wanting to hire a lawyer for something such as this, but still want to have the legality of the paperwork, there are numerous places online where you are able to fill out the forms and print them off. At that point, both parties would only have to go before a notary to have it legalized as a binding document. I would suggest having three copies of the documents made and notarized. One for each individual within the dynamic/relationship, and a third party that is trusted by both to keep a legal copy in case something happens to one of the other copies.

Leave a Reply